Friday, May 23, 2014

Older Pieces Repurposed Into New

Today I repurposed some older pieces of jewelry into new treasures.

While digging through my closet,  searching through some stuff, I came across a beaded necklace that I made a few years ago.  It had always seemed to need something more. At the time I just didn't know what. Well today I looked at it for a few minutes or less and I knew exactly what would do the job. Yup, a wire wrapped sea glass pendant is just what it needs. I wrapped up what I had in mind and it worked beautifully.  I am very pleased with the results.

Wire wrapped sea glass pendant on a beaded necklace



close up of  beaded necklace repurposed with a wire wrapped sea glass pendant

This other one doesn't have sea glass on it, but it does have something from the sea on it. The center piece of the necklace is a interesting piece of bone-like material. May read kind of strange, yet it is very beautiful. And it conveniently had a hole in the middle of it just like a bead. I think it might be a part of a vertebrae. (backbone)

close up of center piece of necklace


repurposed necklace with unique center piece

Thanks for visiting.







No comments:

Post a Comment