Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How I got Started Wire Wrapping Sea Glass



So, I have all this sea glass collected in jars and vases around the house. It's so colorful and pretty. It looks like pieces of mosaic.  Some of them look like gems. I want to do something with it, I need to figure out what to do with it. But what? I love to do arts and crafts, and mostly, I paint. I've dabbled a bit in beading and have some jewelry making supplies. 
I started looking on the internet to see what people are doing with sea glass.  Wow, there was a plethora of stuff. I especially took a liking to the wire wrapped creations I saw. I decided I want to learn how to do this, too.  I started watching some tutorials. I watched YouTube tutorial videos on how to wire wrap sea glass, followed the instructions. I had lots of fun learning (and I'm still learning) and I truly enjoyed the results. I enjoy it so much that I keep making more and more and more. 











No comments:

Post a Comment