Friday, October 5, 2012

Sea Glass R&D

Sea Glass R&D? Research and Development, really?

Yeah, I guess that's what you'd call it. The past couple of days, I've been trying out new things with wire wrapping sea glass.  



A week ago or so, I created  a long dangly thing I don't really know what to do with, yet.  It came about by practicing a different type of wire wrap technique and attaching it to a beaded connector eye pin loop that I am also practicing on perfecting. As you see I attached it to a loop that I curled the ends to make them interlock. I didn't give the curled ended drop shape much thought at that time.


The next little creation came about because I had the idea of making a wire wrapped cage for sea glass.
Again, I strung it onto another loop or drop shape using the curled ends and hold it shut.

A week or so passed, I was not giving them much of thought just things I made. I kept busy uploading  jewelry I made onto my Etsy Shop.  I also was starting this blog. 

Then three days ago or so, maybe it was the full moon, I don't know, I got experimenting with a hybrid dream catcher, sun catcher idea. I went totally crazy with  the wire wrapping. 

I worked on it for two afternoon/evenings. It was kind of awkward to make and I learned a lot while working on it.  It's quite big  for the stuff I've been making: 6 1/2" tall and 4" wide. I like it because it lead me to new ideas. Notice the frame it all is wound onto. It's that drop shaped loop with the curled ends for holding it together.  The next  few things evolved from this. 
This sun catcher is 4 inches tall and 2 inches wide.


This mini dreamcatcher with bling is about 2 inches tall. 
This ornament is 2  1/2 inches tall and 1  1/2 inches wide.

This tiny one is 1 1/2 inches tall and 3/4 inch wide.

If you read this, please tell me what you think of these developments.  I'd love  get some feedback.

BTW today I uploaded a very nice charm bracelet on to 
my Etsy shop.
You can purchase this charm bracelet.







No comments:

Post a Comment